The most common issue is a missing or incorrect NMLS number:
Solution: Edit your Profile in the AAA learning center
The web page http://Learn2.AAAMortgageTraining.com should be open in another browser tab or window.
- Click Profile from the drop down menu next to your name.
- Click edit profile
- Scroll down and click “additional Information” and add or correct your NMLS number in the NMLS ID field, and click “update profile”.
Proceed to the course. If you require additional assistance click “contact us”
Helpful BioSig-ID™ Information and Video Links
The NMLS Student Authentication support site is the base to assist students with the BioSig-ID™ authentication process. Student assistance is best managed from this site, calls to the BioSig-ID™ offices or general BioSig-ID™ support site delay the assistance and are strongly discouraged.
The NMLS Student Authentication support site offers self-help resources including how-to and troubleshooting articles and instructional videos. When the student needs additional assistance, they may submit a help ticket from this site.
NMLS Student Authentication Support site: https://nmls-help.biosig-id.com/portal/home
Below are some of the most commonly used articles and videos from our support site. Please feel free to adapt, remix, or reuse this content to create help articles and macros for your support staff.
|BioSig-ID™ Enrollment: Step-by-Step Guide||https://nmls-help.biosig-id.com/portal/kb/articles/step-by-step-enr||Article|
|How to Enroll a BioSig-ID™ Password||
|How do I Reset a BioSig-ID™ Password?||https://nmls-help.biosig-id.com/portal/kb/articles/reset-your-biosig-id-password-article||Article|
|How to Reset Your BioSig-ID™ Password||
Most Common User Issues
Students may contact the providers support prior to contacting the NMLS Student Authentication help site. Listed below are the most common help ticket issues and recommendations on how to assist the student.
Student cannot locate enrollment link
Students contact the help desk when they have ‘heard’ or read that they will have to use BioSig-ID™ for their course, but do not know where to set up their BioSig-ID™ password.
Recommendation: Provide this statement to the student in initial correspondence:
All BioSig-ID™ password enrollments occur within your course. Please follow the natural progression of the course and you will be prompted to enroll your BioSig-ID™ password. Throughout the course you will be prompted to validate the password you enrolled.
Struggle Enrolling a BioSig-ID™ Password
Students contact the help desk when they have failed to draw their password.
Recommendation: Below are suggestions we offer to a student that is struggling to enroll a new password:
Try drawing a different password if you struggle with your existing choice. Perhaps focus on letters and/or numbers that contain lines instead of curves, such as 4, 7, T, V, etc. The goal is to find a password you can easily repeat and remember.
The first time you draw your password it is always accepted. Then you will be asked to draw the same password in a similar (not exact) manner as you drew it the first time. These attempts will be analyzed for your unique biometric gestures. So, if the second time you draw the code slower or more careful than the first time, it will not match. Try writing the code each time with the causal movements you used the first time. You do not have to change the code if the subsequent attempts fail. Try the same code multiple times before resetting.
If you are using a touchscreen or touchpad, everything you draw becomes part of your password. If you accidentally lift your finger from a touchscreen or touchpad and resume, then it is seen as two separate lines even if it visually looks like one. For a touch pad, we suggest you try using both hands with your dominant hand drawing, while the other hand controls the button to activate the drawing process.
Passwords made up of straight lines or repetitive characters are not accepted.
Example of passwords NOT accepted:
| | | |
/ / / /
– – – –
/ – / –
7 7 7 7
L L L L
Forgot Password or Need to Reset Password
Passwords are used annually; it is not uncommon for the student to forget what password they used last CE season.
Recommendation: Instruct the student to submit a help ticket requesting their password. The support agent will send the student their password.
Password reset code going to wrong email address
BioSig-ID™ receives the email address from the LMS when the students LMS last name and NMLS ID match exactly the students BioSig-ID™ profile last name and NMLS ID. Multiple scenarios to review in order to properly instruct the student. Helpful if the student uses the name as recorded in NMLS.
- Verify students personal NMLS ID is correct on the student’s profile
- If the NMLS ID is NOT the students personal NMLS ID. Update the students LMS account profile with the correct NMLS ID. Instruct the student to log out and back into their course and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Student’s LMS account does not have correct email address.
- Instruct the student how to update their email address on their LMS account profile. Student logs back into the course and a new reset password email will be sent to the new email address.
- Students LMS account profile has the correct email and NMLS ID number.
- Further review is needed to understand why the students BioSig-ID™ NMLS ID and Last Name do not match what the LMS is sending.
- Verify that the LMS student’s profile matches exactly as it is shown on their NMLS profile. If the LMS information is correct, contact the BioSig-ID™ help desk for assistance with the students BioSig-ID™ Inform the support agent that the students LMS information has been verified against their NMLS profile. ( https://nationwidelicensingsystem.org/profreq/education/Pages/default.aspx ).
- Common name issues
- Student has a suffix (Jr, II) on one account and not the other
- Student has changed their last name in one account and not the other
- Last names with apostrophes, dashes or spaces may not match
- Common name issues
Password Reset Code Not Working
Student indicates that they are receiving the email with the authorization code, but the code does not work, or they indicate that the account is frozen. Each time a user closes the BioSig-ID™ page and then returns a new code is generated. They may be trying to use a code that is no longer valid. The codes are time sensitive; the code may have expired.
Recommendation: We suggest the following:
Follow these steps to get a new authorization code:
1) Log out of your course
2) Log back into your course
3) Go to the BioSig-ID page in the course—DO NOT close this window
4) Wait a few minutes and go to your email (refresh your inbox if necessary)
5) Find the code in the email from email@example.com
6) Enter this code in the box provided on the BioSig-ID page.
Not Receiving Password Reset Email
The email shown on the BioSig-ID™ screen is correct, but the student is not receiving the email. There are times when a user’s company does not allow the BioSig-ID™ password reset email to be delivered to the user’s inbox.
- Possible that company email servers/spam filter or block emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your junk and/or spam folders for these emails.
- In some cases, the student can work with their IT support to get the emails released. If that is not possible, we suggest that they use a different email address such as a personal email address. The email change needs to take place on the LMS student’s profile. Next time the student accesses the BioSig-ID™ page a new code will be sent to the updated email address.
The student is not able to enter a passcode because the NMLS ID field on the BioSig-ID™ draw page is blank. Students will receive this error: “NMLS-ID is missing. Please contact support of your NMLS provider to verify your NMLS-ID number is correct”
Recommendation: Student must have some form of unique id in their account profile to authenticate. Missing NMLS ID information must be corrected on the LMS student profile/account for the student to continue. After the information is corrected, the student should log out and back into the course and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Students taking the course for NMLS credit MUST use their own personal NMLS ID. If you have an NMLS ID and it is missing or needs corrected, click the drop down menu next to your name once you are logged into the learning center. Next click profile and on the next screen choose “edit profile”. Next scroll down and click “Additional Information and enter your NMLS -ID number. See screenshots below.
See Edit Profile Below
Get your NMLS Number
PE students that do not have an NMLS ID MUST obtain a number before continuing with the course. Link to NMLS Resource Center, Getting started section: https://nationwidelicensingsystem.org/slr/resources/Pages/GettingStartedStateMLO.aspx
- Click “Request an account”
- Click “Individual”
- Students without an NMLS ID AND NOT requesting NMLS course credit may use their email address in place of the NMLS ID to authenticate.
Wrong NMLS-ID #
The student is not able to pass the validation and the authorization code is being sent to a different person.
In the case where they are using a known company NMLS ID they will receive this message: “Authentication was not successful. Your account is locked and cannot be accessed. Contact your NMLS course provider help desk for assistance in verifying your profile information is valid in regard to your NMLS-ID number (make sure it is your personal NMLS-ID) first name, last name and/or email address”
- Verify the NMLS ID on the student’s profile. It is possible the student mistyped their NMLS ID or are using their Company NMLS id instead of their personal NMLS ID number.
- If the NMLS ID is NOT the students personal NMLS ID. Update the students LMS account profile with the correct NMLS ID. See Edit Profile on the bottom of this page.
- If the students LMS profile has the correct information, BioSig-ID™ support will be necessary to correct the students BioSig-ID™ An email with the student’s details sent to the help desk will be the quickest way to resolve the issue. email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
If I take courses from multiple providers do I have to enroll a new password for each provider?
No, once you enroll a BioSig-ID™ password under your personal NMLS-ID number your password will follow you across all providers.
I need to update my email address, how do I do this?
Follow the edit profile instructions above to change your email address.